Help give us the boost we need for 2013!
Next year Great Leap will celebrate 35 years of producing high-quality, accessible performing arts programs
that have built bridges of communication across diverse cultures and faiths, and impacted many, many lives.
Like most non-profits Great Leap has been touched by the challenges of these economic times. Nevertheless we have has persisted in our commitment to the community. We continue to be resourceful and find creative ways to remain fresh, responsive and relevant in our work.
But now we ask your help in ensuring Great Leap can continue to reach its potential. We encourage you to make a stretch gift toward the special Matching Fund that will support our operating costs through the end of this year.
A generous group of donors has pledged $7500 in a challenge to raise at least a 1:1 match that has been extended to January 1, 2013.
Your support will be instrumental in reaching our $15,000 minimum goal for this initiative.
We have exciting things in store for 2013, including:
- Ground Truthing, a series of oral history/performance workshops for Pacific Islander communities heavily impacted by air pollution in the South Bay.
- Reprise performances of Cycles of Change at the CicLAvia bike festivals.
- New media internship programs for local high school students.
- New touring shows developed by Nobuko Miyamoto and Dan Kwong.
- Audience engagement programs in diverse communities for our EcoVids series
- An exciting 35th-year anniversary event honoring Nobuko Miyamoto’s important body of work
- …and much more.
Accomplishing these goals will depend on being able to enter 2013 in a strong position so that our creative offerings will not be limited by financial constraints. We hope we can count on you to join us in making this vision a reality.
We deeply appreciate your support. For every Matching Fund contribution of $100 or more, we will send you a set of Great Leap’s reusable “Chopstix.”